The collective staff at each building in our district is working to start preparing the WLPS community for a transition to our Continuity of Learning Plan. This plan is in response to the executive order which maintains the closure of our buildings.
Be on the lookout for those communications today and tomorrow. Also, remind your kids to check their WLPS email accounts. Information has been going out to students who have accounts (grades 3-12) from their teachers since March 16.
I know access to technology is an issue for some. Please review the most recent update regarding use of WLPS Chromebooks below:
Families in need of technology may pick up WLPS technology this week on Tuesday or Wednesday from 12:00 pm-4:00 p.m. at Whitmore Lake High School. We have listed below what technology students need. If you have those devices at home already, please use them. Only pick up WLPS technology if it is absolutely needed, as we want to be sure we have enough to support all the families that do not have any devices.
- Device students need at home: A tablet, such as an iPad, Kindle Fire, or Android-based device.
- Programs they will be using: Students will be using Seesaw, Hangouts, and other free apps.
- Device available for pick up: iPad
- Device students need at home: A desktop or laptop (Windows or Mac) or a Chromebook.
- Programs they will be using: Students will be using Google Classroom, Hangouts, and a variety of other websites that they are already familiar with.
- Device available for pick up: Chromebook
Preschool will not be utilizing technology at this time. Packets and other activity information will be coming from the teachers soon.
Instructions for Technology Pick Up
Tuesday and Wednesday, April 7 and 8, 12 p.m.-4 p.m., Whitmore Lake High School
- Put your student name and grade on a piece of paper and put it in your car window.
- Do not exit your vehicle, as we need to meet the appropriate social distancing and safety guidelines.
- A WLPS staff member will take note of your information, assign a device to your student and bring it out to you.
We would like the devices back in good working order for the 2020-2021 school year, so please use the technology respectfully.
If you do not have access to the internet, HERE is a list of resources. You can also call your cell phone provider and inquire about activating hot spots on your phones. Depending on the provider, this may be free for 30-60 days or require a monthly fee. After exploring those options, if you are still in need of assistance, please reach out to us at email@example.com or 734.839.6400 for help.
You can also access the internet by driving to any of the Whitmore Lake Public School buildings and parking in the front or back loops. Signs are posted on the buildings to access the guest network.